What makes me an authority on Whole30, Paleo, losing weight, or getting fit? That’s a good question, and I hope that you question the credentials of all people who offer information about any topic you are seeking guidance on.
Here are my credentials:
- I was a US Marine (the Marine part of my name here, PaleoMarine) from 1986 to 1997.
- Upon leaving the Marines, I gained weight. A lot of weight. I reached a high of 312 lbs.
- I tried various diet plans and exercise plans to try to lose weight. They all failed.
- I cut out sodas in 2013 and lost about 10 lbs/year until 2015.
- In September 2015, I started Whole30 and broke my addiction to sugar.
- In October 2016, my wife and I began a Paleo lifestyle.
- Through Whole30 and Paleo, I have lost over 110 lbs.
- I began running in September 2016 after not running since 1997 (on active duty in the Marines).
Here are my uncredentials (I totally just made that up):
- I’m not a nutritionist.
- I’m not a doctor, nurse, PA, or medical professional.
- I’m not a personal trainer or fitness instructor.
With that said:
- What worked for me may not necessarily work for you.
- Doing exactly what I did may not give you the same results as quickly.
- I don’t have all the answers.
You can (and should) take everything I write with a grain of salt. This is all based on my observations and experiences through my own journey. I can only speak for myself and the experiences I have and have watched my wife have. As they say in car commercials, your mileage may vary.