Fascinating: Where does the fat go?

2012edge
Near my maximum of 312 lbs.

As I was losing the bulk of my weight, I was always curious about where the physical fat went. Did my body eat it up? Did fat cells die and get flushed? Were they burned up in some process? This article helps explain it all. The tl:dr version is this: “When fat is lost, it is mostly exhaled as carbon dioxide (84%), with the remainder (16%) being excreted as water.” Wow. The processes within our bodies are extraordinary and complex.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s