Whole30 Day 3 Wrap-Up

I need to find better pictures for these Whole30 Wrap-Up posts.

Day three is in the bag, and here’s how it went yesterday.

I slept only 5 hours, which is not good. I had friends come over last night, and while I had a GREAT time, it meant that I didn’t get much sleep. Oh well; it is what it is. I ran my 3.1 miles, and while it wasn’t fast, it was good to be back out there moving the legs. My pace was 8:52/mile as an average, with a first mile pace of 8:21/mile. That’s pretty amazing considering I haven’t run in four weeks. I added push-ups back to the routine and only did 50, but I’m happy to just be back to doing them again. I hurt my left elbow and let it heal only to then hurt my right elbow just as the left healed up. Unfortunately, the right elbow is still sore, and would likely need about 2-3 months to heal properly, but I don’t have that kind of time to throw away. I have a physical fitness test coming in April that I need to be ready for. It’s just an ache, so it’s something I should be able to work through until April. Then, if I need to, I will rest it for a few months to heal properly.

Yesterday’s food was:

Breakfast: Two eggs sunny-side up and a slice of ham. Sherry bought the ham a Whole Foods and was able to find ham that contained no sugar or nitrates. It tastes great, too! Again, no fruit or vegetable with breakfast. I did have a cup of coffee, though.

Lunch: Tex-Mex Casserole. This is a recipe we’ve been eating since our first Whole30, and is so good, we usually add it into the mix during our regular Paleo eating. It has beef and sweet potato and tastes like a taco casserole. It’s one of my favorites, and I always feel full after eating it.

Dinner: Two Sriracha and Jalapeno Sausages from Sprout’s which are sugar-free and nitrate/nitrite-free with red cabbage. Sherry made red cabbage as part of our dinner the day before, and since we had a lot left over, I used them as my side with the two sausage links. It was a great, filling dinner. I just grilled the sausages in a frying pan with a little coconut oil, and within 5 minutes, I had dinner!

I had friends come over for a Thursday night drinking event we usually have, and while they were a little unhappy that I wasn’t going to be drinking with them, they understood and are supportive. It’s nice to not have to deal with social pressure to drink when I don’t want to.

My weight this morning was down to 172.3 lbs which shows that I’m doing the right things. While this weight loss is certainly due to water I’m no longer retaining, it’s also telling me that my body is getting back to where it likes to be; lean. I’m going to call it a victory, considering that I didn’t get much sleep, either. I’m not sure I will get a lot tonight, either. Sunday morning? Oh, I’m sleeping in. You can count on that!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s