I used to put off losing weight and getting healthy because I just loved food so much. I figured I had all the time in the world to get healthy, so why start now? For me, things came to a head when I was trying to tie my shoes one morning, and I found I couldn’t do so without holding my breath; my stomach was so large, it physically impeded me from tying my own shoes comfortably. What didn’t get me to start losing weight on their own merits were the following:
- Diabetes. I was on Metformin for two years, but that wasn’t enough for me to begin adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Obesity. I weighed over 312 lbs, yet this was’t reason enough either.
- Fatty Liver Disease. I figured this was irreversible.
- Unable to climb a single flight of stairs without being winded.
- Failing eye sight (due to Diabetes).
- Numbness and tingling in lower extremities (due to circulation issues)
- XXXL clothing. It was getting hard to find clothing to fit me outside of t-shirts and jeans or sweat pants.
Now, to be fair, after I realized that tying my own shoes had become a major issue, it was more like the straw that broke the camel’s back. Once I realized that something had to change, all those aforementioned bullet points hit me at once. I realized my life had to change.
So, what is keeping you from adopting a healthier lifestyle? What are you waiting for? What reasons do you have that are compelling enough to keep you from living your best life?