People mistakenly think The Paleo Diet is hard. It’s not. It’s actually quite simple. Eat foods that avoid:
- Added sugar/processed sugar
While those are the basic rules, I think that Michael Pollen’s Food Rules are actually a good addition, and they make a lot of sense:
- Don’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
- Avoid foods containing ingredients you wouldn’t keep in your pantry.
- Avoid food products with more than 5 Ingredients.
- Avoid anything “lite”, “low-fat” or “non-fat”
- Avoid food you see on television.
- Shop around the walls of the grocery store; avoid the middle.
- Eat mostly plants.
- Eat your colors.
- Eat animals that have eaten well themselves (most animals do not do well eating grain, just like us).
- Eat all the junk food you want as long as you make it yourself.
There’s also a GREAT website I enjoy and I think you should check it out, too! It’s called MUST HIKE MUST EAT, and even if you don’t hike, there’s LOTS of great information there.